The Wayne County Cross Country Team traveled to Kentucky Horse Park on Saturday November 2, to compete in the Cross Country State
There were 32 teams that participated and Wayne County finished 17th
overall as a team.
Head Coach Kevin Jones had this to say about competing at State, "We
had three athletes run a ‘personal record' which is a testament to
the work they continued to put in leading up to the state meet."
He continued by saying, "I am really proud of all of our runners,
and of our seniors who showed leadership throughout the whole year."
Corbin would go on to win the state championship.
Coach Jones said, "Corbin was the team champion which also competes
in our region. It kind of shows you how tough our region is and we
wouldn't want to have it any other way."
- Patrick arrested on drug charges
- Somerset tops Wayne County 68-64 in double overtime
- Chamber of Commerce will host annual banquet and awards night event
- Lady Cards beat Somerset 58-48 to improve to 12-11 on the season
- Hickman was arrested following search warrants being issued
- Mat Cards compete at state level
- Bowman arrested on burglary charges
- Deadline to file for fall non-partisan races is June 2
- Two Russell County residents are arrested on drug related charges
- Randy Jones is hired as Solid Waste Coordinator