Undercover narcotic investigations by the Wayne County Sheriff's
Office has resulted in 25 people being named in sealed indictments.
The indictments, which include a total of 53 charges, were returned
by the Wayne County Grand Jury, after cases were presented to them on
Monday, February 24.
Wayne County Sheriff Tim Catron has stated that the indictments are
part of he and his staff's continued effort to combat the drug
epidemic in Wayne County.
Since the indictments are sealed, the names of the individuals
included in them will not be announced to the public at this time.
Catron also noted these indictments are not part of the 20 other
individuals that the sheriff's office had indicted on February 24.
The names of those people are included in an article published in
this edition of The Outlook.
Catron asks that the public continue to provide his office with any
drug tip information they may have. All tips will be followed up on, and information will be kept confidential, he added.
- COVID-19 closings are posted Mayor Sexton declares state of emergency for City of Monticello
- State of emergency for county government declared at court meeting
- Restaurants have been closed to in-person dining
- THIS WEEK 3-25-20
- Undercover investigation results in sealed indictments
- PUBLIC OCCURRENCES 3-25-20
- School will remain closed until April 20
- Many closings due to Covid-19
- Area Career and Technology Center has been completed
- Well-known Kentucky political reporter dies 3-25-20