Additional charges have been filed against a Wayne County man, who
was arrested on Tuesday, January 14.
According to Wayne County Sheriff Tim Catron, the investigation into
the case involving James Rose has resulted in the additional charges
of first degree robbery, two counts of second degree burglary, two
counts of third degree burglary, one count of unlawful imprisonment,
two counts of third degree criminal mischief, one count of theft by
unlawful taking under $500, one count of possession of burglary tools
The January 14 incident, that occurred in the Frazer community,
began as a domestic violence dispute call, but deputies later
discovered that the woman was being held against her will and it was
not domestically related.
The early morning incident on January 14 led deputies to a stolen
vehicle pursuit later that day. Deputies were allegedly assaulted at
the end of that pursuit.
Rose was arrested and charged with multiple charges that included
theft by unlawful taking of an auto, theft of firearms and assault on
A warrant for the most recent charges against Rose was issued on
January 21 through Wayne District Court.
Deputy James Barnett served the complaint warrant on Rose at the Wayne County Detention Center, where he is currently being held.
- Patrick arrested on drug charges
- Somerset tops Wayne County 68-64 in double overtime
- Bowman arrested on burglary charges
- Chamber of Commerce will host annual banquet and awards night event
- Lady Cards beat Somerset 58-48 to improve to 12-11 on the season
- Hickman was arrested following search warrants being issued
- Mat Cards compete at state level
- Two Russell County residents are arrested on drug related charges
- Deadline to file for fall non-partisan races is June 2
- MUC will seek bids to lease approx. 50 acres