Excavation is ongoing as weather permits for a new campground consisting of 40 sites close to Beaver Creek.
Ryan Kelsay is in charge of groundwork at the site located on Beaver
Creek Lodge Road, which is just to the left before Beaver Creek Resort.
Kelsay indicated that a businessman from Florida purchased the
property and April 1 is a tentative date for a grand opening.
Kelsay continues to prep the property for the construction phase of
According to Kelsay, it will be a nice secluded, family-friendly
campground consisting of 40 sites.
It will include a bath house, a pump station and shelter house with
Kelsay stated this is the first venture of this type for the Florida
developer, but his plans for the future include developing a couple
In speaking with Safe Harbor Beaver Creek manager Terry Bell, he
said the campground will be close by the Resort, but it's in no way
affiliated with Beaver Creek.
Bell stated that he is looking forward to the new campground opening in 2020, that it would be great for business.
- COVID-19 closings are posted Mayor Sexton declares state of emergency for City of Monticello
- State of emergency for county government declared at court meeting
- Restaurants have been closed to in-person dining
- THIS WEEK 3-25-20
- Undercover investigation results in sealed indictments
- PUBLIC OCCURRENCES 3-25-20
- School will remain closed until April 20
- Many closings due to Covid-19
- Area Career and Technology Center has been completed
- Well-known Kentucky political reporter dies 3-25-20