Wayne County Sheriff Tim Catron has issued information to local residents regarding another scam that is directed toward AT&T cell phone customers.
According to Catron, scammers called AT&T customers with knowledge
of how many cell phones they have with the company. They claim that
they will be sending the customers a check for an upcoming service
Scammers then ask the customer for AT&T account information, while
trying to lead the individual into giving them their personal banking
account or credit information.
Catron said that representatives of AT&T have confirmed that they
are not making these types of calls to customers.
Anyone with information should contact the Wayne County Sheriff's Office at (606) 348-5416.
- COVID-19 closings are posted Mayor Sexton declares state of emergency for City of Monticello
- State of emergency for county government declared at court meeting
- Restaurants have been closed to in-person dining
- Undercover investigation results in sealed indictments
- THIS WEEK 3-25-20
- PUBLIC OCCURRENCES 3-25-20
- School will remain closed until April 20
- Area Career and Technology Center has been completed
- Many closings due to Covid-19
- Well-known Kentucky political reporter dies 3-25-20