Wayne County was spared significant storm damage last week, when tornadoes struck Nash-ville and the community of Cookeville, Tenn.
The devastation in Cookeville has hit close to home, and as EMS
Director Bubby Corder noted Wayne County is fortunate to have been
Corder has been in contact with officials in Cookeville and has
asked what help they needed.
Wayne County EMS, in conjunction with the Wayne County Fiscal Court,
will be accepting donations to benefit the tornado victims in that
community over the next couple of weeks.
"On behalf of myself and the Wayne County Fiscal Court, we want to
extend our help to the Cookville, Tenn. area after the terrible
tornado that took lives and did much destruction," said Wayne County
Judge-Executive Mike Ander-son. "Our prayers go out to all those that
felt the effects of this horrible storm."
Anderson expressed appreciation to Corder and his staff for working
to coordinate this collection drive for those affected by the storms.
Items can be dropped off from now through March 23 at the ASPIRE
Center or Wayne County EMS. The donations will be taken to Cookeville
the week of March 23.
No clothing of any kind will be accepted. Anyone who would rather
make a monetary donation can go to the Cooke-ville-Putnam County
Tornado Relief Fund website at https://putnamcountytn.gov/relief/.
Following are the only items that will be accepted for donation.
• Diapers (all sizes)
• Baby Wipes
• Feminine Products
• Plastic Totes
• Work gloves
• Latex gloves
• First aid items/kits
• Laundry Detergent
• Non-Perishable Food Items
- COVID-19 closings are posted Mayor Sexton declares state of emergency for City of Monticello
- State of emergency for county government declared at court meeting
- Restaurants have been closed to in-person dining
- Undercover investigation results in sealed indictments
- THIS WEEK 3-25-20
- PUBLIC OCCURRENCES 3-25-20
- School will remain closed until April 20
- Area Career and Technology Center has been completed
- Many closings due to Covid-19
- Well-known Kentucky political reporter dies 3-25-20