Cable prices will increase for local customers in April, following action taken by the Telecommunications Board during their meeting on Wednesday, February 19.
Much of the meeting included a discussion among board members
regarding the rising costs of programming that the cable company has
The cable company saw prices rise earlier this year and are now
paying $2.61 more per subscriber each month for expanded cable and
$2.38 more per month per subscriber for basic cable.
It was a discussion that the board continued from their January
meeting, when they first broached the subject of a possible rate
increase for customers.
Following their discussion at last week's meeting, the board agreed
to increase the cost of basic cable service by $2.69 per month.
The price for expanded cable service will increase by $2.30 per
month. Subscribers who have both basic and expanded cable will see a
$4.99 per month rise in the cost.
Community Telecom customers will receive notification of the rate
increase with their March bill.
The bill for basic cable customers will increase to $34.96 per
month. For customers with basic and expanded service, the bill will
increase to $75.27.
Board members noted that even with the raise, prices for local cable
remain below those advertised for other area cable systems.
Also during the meeting, the board heard an update about the fiber
to the home expansion in the Furnace Mountain Road and KY 834 area.
Residents and businesses in these areas should be able to sign up for internet and cable services soon.
- COVID-19 closings are posted Mayor Sexton declares state of emergency for City of Monticello
- State of emergency for county government declared at court meeting
- Restaurants have been closed to in-person dining
- Undercover investigation results in sealed indictments
- THIS WEEK 3-25-20
- PUBLIC OCCURRENCES 3-25-20
- School will remain closed until April 20
- Area Career and Technology Center has been completed
- Many closings due to Covid-19
- Well-known Kentucky political reporter dies 3-25-20