A Wayne County man has been arrested in connection with a home invasion that occurred on Wednesday, February 19.
According to Wayne County Sheriff Tim Catron, Boyd R. Davis, of
Monticello, entered a residence on Aaron’s Wau without permission.
The homeowner chased the man out of his residence with a baseball bat.
While Deputy Brent Rose was responding to the call on Aaron’s Way,
he received another call stating that Davis had returned to the
residence with a shotgun.
Davis allegedly pointed the shotgun through a window at the
homeowner and threatened to kill him.
When Rose arrived at the scene, he located the suspect trying to
leave the residence in a vehicle.
Rose then took the suspect into custody and located a 12 gauge
shotgun in the passenger seat.
Rose charged Davis with criminal trespassing first degree and wanton
endangerment first degree.
He was lodged in the Wayne County Detention Center.
The investigation is continuing with additional charges pending.
- COVID-19 closings are posted Mayor Sexton declares state of emergency for City of Monticello
- State of emergency for county government declared at court meeting
- Restaurants have been closed to in-person dining
- Undercover investigation results in sealed indictments
- THIS WEEK 3-25-20
- PUBLIC OCCURRENCES 3-25-20
- School will remain closed until April 20
- Area Career and Technology Center has been completed
- Many closings due to Covid-19
- Well-known Kentucky political reporter dies 3-25-20